Thursday, December 9, 2010

Enlightenment at Red Bull Illume

Congratulations to three COTW featured photographers who were named amongst the winning photographers awarded at the prestigious Red Bull Illume Image Quest 2010 awards.

Chris Burkard was named the overall winner!

"I'm overjoyed, it's hard to put into words being able to be nominated and to win this award in front of all your piers and people I respect, I'm truly blessed." - Chris Burkard

Also awarded were Australian surf photographers Stuart Gibson in the Energy category and Nathan Smith in the Close Up category. Nathan was also named the Athletes' Choice winner.

"I'm dizzy from the whole experience, said Smith. I'm humbled to be here and happy to have made the top 50 let alone win two awards that in my book are very prestigious. I'm in a room full of photographers who I look up to." - Nathan Smith

Chris Burkard receiving his award
Photo: Chris Burkard receiving his Red Bull Illume Image Quest 2010 award

Photo by Chris Burkard
Photo: Chris Burkard's photo won the Illumination category

Photo by Nathan Smith
Photo: Nathan Smith's photo won the Close Up category

Photo by Stuart Gibson
Photo: Stuart Gibson's photo won the Energy category

- Chris Burkard's website
- Stuart Gibson's website

- www.redbullillume.com

John Lewis Jérôme Le Banner Jess Liaudin

No comments:

Post a Comment